Sunday, August 2, 2009

I did it!!

I completed my first triathlon on friday!!! It was a 500 meter swim followed by a 12 mile bike ride, and finished with a 3.3 mile run!!! I did it with four other women from church and it was sooo much fun!!! Honestly I never thought an event like this could be fun but it was! I finished the race in 1hr 59 mins! I forgot to take a camera but my good friend Wendie took some pics and I am gonna ask her to email them to me so that I can post some! I am so proud of myself and this accomplishment! After the tri was finished I was riding my bike back to pick up my car and the front brake on my bike stuck and I went flying over the handle bars! I was hurt and thought I had re-broken my right arm. My knee was bleeding pretty bad and I have a pretty large raspberry on my left elbow. I went to the Dr who took x-rays and said that nothing was broken but that I did sprain my elbow quite bad. I am wearing a brace and am quite incapacitated for a while. I really just feel like a dork. I mean really grown people are not supposed to have such silly accidents. I'll post pics of my wounds later as well...

11 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations on your triathlon!! You rock!

Jenna said...

Congratulations! I am so impressed. And I am sorry that you are hurt again - at least it was after & not before the race? Sorry.

Liz said...

Wow!! You are awesome!! I hope you get better fast.

Kim W said...

Great timing on the injuries. You were going to take this week off from training anyway, right?! :) The triathlon is an amazing accomplishment!

The Perry Family said...

Alisa! I'm soooo sorry that you got hurt again!! I should have followed you back to your car to make sure you got there OK. Hope you feel better soon! Thank you so much for staying with me during the triathlon. You are my favorite person and I couldn't have done it without you!

ferntyler said...

you are AWESOME!! That is so cool - bummer about the injury, but seriously, at least you finished the race first :)

Dawn said...

Congratulations! All that training paid off. Well, as far as that accident goes at least you were able to finish the race first! Hope you're back to normal soon!

3WimmerBoys said...

I think I am more accident prone as an adult than I was as a kid. Why is that? Congrats on the triatholon!

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Way to go! You never cease to amaze us! We are so proud of you! We would give you a trophy or medal but you might TRIP trying to receive it! JK! You know we love ya! Rest and take care!

Sunshine said...

You are amazing!...not your sprained elbow...the triathlon!

Annalisa said...

congrats!