Friday, February 15, 2008

Love is in the air




For valentine's day my wonderful husband took me on the most wonderful date, the one I planned!! We went to the Biltmore House which is an amazing Old world Mansion built in 1895 for George Vanderbilt. It is a 2.4 million, 250 room humble home with all the original furnishings from tapestries to bed linens. the mansion come complete with its own indoor bowling alley and pool. It is an amazing place to visit. There is also a beautiful conservatory and gardens, winery, and stables. If you wanna check it out further go to the biltmore link on my page.
Anyway, I love this time period and going to this house makes me feel like elizabeth Bennet when she first enters Mr. Darcy's home in Pride and Prejudice. It is the most wonderful place!! So, if any of you are looking for a wonderful place to visit check it out, also it's only an hour away from me!!!!

6 comments:

diane said...

Sounds so cool. I've seen it featured on TV. I'll have to come see it some day!

ferntyler said...

that is awesome - you guys look so cute! I saw the Biltmore House on tv, too. I can't remember what it was, I think it was HGTV or something. How is it going with Aqeel's job search?

Jen said...

How sweet of Aqeel to let you plan your date:-D Honestly though I think those are the best kind of dates. It sounds like it was romantic!

The Family Rasheed said...

the job search is going. things are opening up. We have a friend in the ward that works for the GE company and he is trying hard to get us a job there. There are four openings that Aqeel is well qualified for and with the inside hook up we are hopeful that he will get one of the four jobs. Also, our friend gets a bonus for every recruit that gets hired so he is working hard for us.

3WimmerBoys said...

Thank you for posting on my blog so I could find you. I miss you guys. Now I will be able to keep in touch with your lives! Hope all is well.
Melissa

Annalisa said...

I have a photo of my nephew & nieces at that place, they live in NC.