Monday, February 4, 2008

Isn't life exciting!


Since we moved here Aqeel has been looking for another job with absolutely NO success. There seems to be a lot of jobs around here for engineers, but not so many for international business & spanish majors. Aqeel and I felt that the Lord was preventing us from finding another job because we were suppossed to stay at Toys "R" Us. A job that Aqeel hates. Back in September Aqeel was offered to work for a company called Primerica, which is a financial planning company, part or full time. He went to a few classes but was then sidetracked with the busy christmas season. He recently took his state insurance exam and passed.

On Friday aqeel called me from work and told me he had some news. I need to prface this by saying that Aqeel recently asked for a raise which they were working on filling out the evaluation paper for last week. I assumed he received a raise so I was like, yeah bring on the news! He told me that his boss was in and they were offereing him a two week vacation to find another job because it was obvious that he didn't want to work there. I was blown off my feet. If any of you know anything about Aqeel it should be obvious what a hard worker he is, so I was shocked that this would happen, as was Aqeel. We took the vacation and Aqeel is currently looking for another job as well as working full time as a financial planner.

We have now realized that we should never assume that we know what the Lord wants for us. Isn't life interesting.

7 comments:

diane said...

Life always gives us a curve ball. I hate "growing pains!" Good Luck! At least he didn't break his leg!!

Jen said...

I love your positive outlook! I am sure it will all work out. Did I say how glad I am that you are blogging? It is so nice to keep up with you guys.

ferntyler said...

Should I say what a great chance this is to really find something new and exciting (when I"m really thinking that is probably kind of freaky and a total leap of faith). You guys make everything work - hey, he made it work there for a long time - so I know he can make it work elsewhere!

Sunshine said...

I know everything will work out for you. You two are such amazing people...you will find way!

tawnya said...

Yay! An Obama fan! I was beginning to feel awfully lonely here in Romney country!

melissa said...

Hey Alisa, your lil boy is so cute he looks just like amaya did when she was his age. We miss you! Ethan still remembers you guys. We have some pics of him and Asia together. We are good. Just not loving the weather here in Utah but we'll get over it.

Annalisa said...

Yah, I hear yeah...Geoff's looking for work too, had an offer but the Lord has other plans...still trying to figure it out too. Glad others in the same boat.