Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sorry...

Since I missed yesterday's posting we will have thoughtful Thursday. It has been a busy week as we have been packing the house and getting it ready for the U-Haul tonight. Tomorrow we leave to drive across country to our new home. We are almost all excited. I am actually not looking forward to being crammed in a car for four days. We are well stocked with snacks and dvd's. I am sure it will go by quickly, but still I am sure there will be fights, cranky kids that are tired of being strapped down by car seats, and plenty of spills. There will also be lots of fun and laughter and the occasional moment where the girls play nicely and are actually loving to each other! Now, on to the thought...

Maya Angelou said this:
'I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.'

I have learned throughout the ups and downs of life that this statement is so true. I have had plenty of downs in my life and am only able to keep an optimistic perspective because of my ability to look beyond the now and realize that life will be better tomorrow!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Great quote!! It kind of reminds me of when someone (can't remember who...)said to think of this when you have troubles...'and it came to pass...' Our troubles didn't come to stay, they 'came to pass'. We learn from them and move on. Speaking of moving on...good luck with your move!! Sorry we couldn't get together more, but we'll always have blogland!! We'll miss you!

Jenna said...

I can't believe that you're leaving already & I didn't get to say goodbye! Good luck & Keep in touch!!! I will really miss your thoughtful lessons in Relief Society.

tawnya said...

Have a safe trip!

ferntyler said...

wow - that came fast! good luck, before you know it it will all be a fond memory Friday! I bet you guys will even have some fun on the drive :) can't wait to see pictures of the new place!

Bryn said...

Check out momsminivan.com for ideas. My friend has to travel a lot with her 4 and this has helped a lot.
I am so glad you got to see the Biltmore before leaving. On to new adventures! Can't wait to hear about it!

Laura said...

Hope the trip is going well. Let us know when you arrive safely!
xoxxo.

diane said...

Good luck with the road trip!

Annalisa said...

smiles to you & your family.

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Hope everything is going well!

3WimmerBoys said...

I love that saying. Let us know when you are safe and sound in the new place. Best of luck!