Monday, September 1, 2008

We're back!!!

Ok, so just a quick overview... The drive was great! My cousin came out to help me drive which made it so much fun for me! We bought walkie talkies for the two vehicles and had fun doing our "trucker" talk back and forth on one another!!! There were only two down points to the trip. The first involved a broken down U-Haul which required us to trade out to a different truck and delayed us 5 hrs on our 9hr drive day! Luckily some awesome elders from the O'Fallon, IL ward helped us out! The second hiccup was the best western in Wyoming. Now I know best western's are one the cheep end for hotels, but we were trying to save money and only wanted a clean bed/bath so we weren't very picky. Upon arrival to our room in Wy, we were met with an incredibly overwhelming smell of rosey room deodorizer. This should have been our first clue, but we just figured that since the carpet was a bit amp they must have just cleaned the carpets. Then at about 9:45pm we started getting into bed. When we pulled back the covers to one of the king sized beds we were met with a handful of pubic hair and makeup smeared on the sheets!!!! Then when we opened the sheets to the roll away cot there was dry chewed gum in the sheets! This was sooo grose. So, being the kind restrained person I am I called the front desk to complain. They changed all of our bedding and gave us a discount on our room. This was not enough for me. They offered to change rooms, but if the housekeeping wasn't changing our sheets why would they change any other room's sheets. So, I called around to find another hotel, but every respectable hotel was full. We decided to rough it for the night in our new clean bedding, but in morning I made sure that our room was compted.

So, other than those two low points the trip was great. The kids were wonderful! Portable DVD players are a godsend. Also, I may add that on your next long car trip bring along a child training potty seat. We did and this saved us countless stops to the potty. I even used it which completely boosted my ego cause my booty fit (somewhat) on the seat!!

6 comments:

ferntyler said...

yeah, you made it! I'm fascinated by the portable potty idea, i agree that dvd players are the best, and the best western sounds like a real winner, eek!

diane said...

Someday you'll laugh about your adventure at the Best Western.
Glad you made it there safely.

Jenna said...

Welcome back to blog-ville. I miss you already - hope everything goes great! BTW - two things - I tagged you on my blog & I ran a 5k on Friday night (34:21 or something).

Hooray for DVD players - we used one from SC - WA & loved it. Saved our lives. Our boys just pee out the side of the van door(stopped, of course) for emergency stops.

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

After all that it's a wonder you can type! The potty was a genius idea! If ever in Wyoming we'll have steer clear of Westerns! Glad you had a safe trip!

Liz said...

Welcome back!! I've missed you! I'm glad you made it safe and that the trip went (fairly) well. I would be afraid to use the potty seat....what if I had to stop really fast and it spilled??? Ewwww. Sounds like Best Western was a disappointment, but good for you to make them comp your room! You go, girl!!

3WimmerBoys said...

Thank goodness for DVD players. I am glad you are there safe and sound!