Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Decisions

Being 24 weeks along and with the stress of deciding on a name for the baby the question has arised on whether to find out the sex or not. I really don't want to know this time around, but Aqeel needs to know, or so he says. I feel like with all my babies been planned c-sections there is no element of surprise. It's like going in for a Dr's appt and coming out with a baby. There's no waiting or wondering if my water will break while I am out running errands, or how long labor will last, etc.. So, I want there to be some sort of surprise when I am lying on the operating table. With Amaya we did not find out the sex and when the Dr said "It's a girl" I started crying. Now, this is not a weird occurence for most deliveries, but it never happened with any of my other deliveries. So, I decided not to find out the sex of this baby. Aqeel, on the other hand, knows exactly what we are having and is really good about keeping it from me, not that I am asking. Parts of me wonders, should I be concerned that Aqeel is SOOO good at keeping secrets from me :)!? Anyway, for all of you who cannot stand not knowing what I am having I am giving permision for you to ask Aqeel. The only thing I need from you is a promise you won't tell me, or hint, or refer to any gender until after the baby is born. Here is Aqeel's email address rasheed.aqeel@yahoo.com.

5 comments:

diane said...

I love surprises. I'll wait.
That would drive me crazy if Tom knew and I didn't. I would bug him to tell me then be mad if he did.

Liz said...

How can you pick out names if you don't know? I HAD to know after the first 4. I needed to know how to arrange bedrooms! And, even though I can't wait....I guess if you can wait, I will too.

Annalisa said...

with the 4th you can go either way, and since you have two girls and a boy...and its always a 50/50 chance on what gender...its good to be surprised with the 4th...something to get you through that last month. so excited for you. smiles!! anna geoff linc & hari

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Are you sure you don't want to peek at Christmas? I would!

Brandy said...

That would be so hard for me if Josh knew, all though I'm terrible about surprises. Well still how exciting it will be when he or she comes.