Sunday, June 19, 2011

saddened

I haven't posted in forever, but I am gonna try again. Lately I have had quite a few friends who have gotten a divorce. This makes me incredibly sad! I understand that divorce may be necessary for some situations, but it seems as though people today have stopped fighting for their marriages. Though I know I shouldn't be I am really bothered by this phenomenon among members of the LDS church. I know divorce is common, but in my naivety I thought that it didn't really happen for Latter Day Saints unless there were serious cases of abuse or adultery. It seems as though that is not reality and I am not prepared for this. How do we help these people? How do we show them that Christ can heal all wounds and help us through all trials? How do we help people understand how to use the atonement in their marriages? How do we keep people from allowing Satan to attack our homes?

Maybe the answer is there is nothing that can be done other than what I do in my own house with my own husband. If this is the case I am truly saddened.

No comments: