Thursday, March 5, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

My high school mascot was the tiger and back in the day nothing got my blood boiling more than this song(if you can't hear it turn up/on your speakers)... To this day I love this song! It is so motivating for me! So, I have decided to use it as my motivating force over the next year as I take on my lifestyle change. One thing I will be incorporating is my weekly check in on my blog. I will post my weight for the week as well as how I am doing with my eating plan an exercise. I figure this is a way to not only make me more responsible for my change, but also to get some support from people I know that love me and have my back!

I will call this week two as last Thursday I already unofficially posted my weight. So, here goes...

Week Two

Weight: 175, down 3lbs from last week (YEAH!!!)

Eating: still no candy however, I did take the kids to McDonald's. I had a grilled chicken sand and apple walnut salad so I am not counting this as a break in the plan because I chose healthy options. I am also proud of myself because the kids fries were sooo tempting me, but I did not give in to even a bite!

Exercise: Although officially I am not supposed to start exercise til next Thursday I did get on the treadmil today. Mostly because I was curious. It has been a year since I ran last and my body was feeling it. I acomplished 2 miles in 31:30 mins. I speedwalked the last 1/4 mile, but all in all I think I did ok for my first time back. So, we will see how next week goes.

10 comments:

Sunshine said...

I'm so impressed! Keep it up girl, you are on your way!

ferntyler said...

impressive - i like the weekly check in idea, it's fun to watch someone else be successful!

Jenna said...

Awesome girl - keep it up!

Kim W said...

Wowee! You seriously just got on the treadmill and ran 2 miles??? You are amazing!!! You rock!

The Family Rasheed said...

I did run 2 miles, but I have had a headache ever since! I think next time I'll run 1 mile and walk the other!

Jen said...

Go Alisa!!! This song ALWAYS motivates me. I want to get up and run or dance just from hearing it on here. I am so impressed with your dedication. Skipping french fries is so hard. I am sure you already know this, but be sure to drink lots of fluids. I find I get headaches after working out when I am dehydrated. I wish I had your healthy eating motivation. Keep it up!

Melanie said...

Congrats Alisa!

3WimmerBoys said...

Way to go Alisa! I love the song, so appropriate. I also LOVE the picture of your babies feet, I just love baby feet. How is life with four?

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Dunno about that little trip to MCD's....

Anonymous said...

Good for you. PS. I love this song too. It is always makes me want to get up and get moving. It sounds like you have a good plan! I really need a plan!