Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I had a birthday!

This last sunday I turned 31! I truly enjoy aging! I have always enjoyed watching people grow and mature (which I connect with aging even though the two are not always connected). For my b-day Aqeel sent me to a day spa for a mani, pedi, and 1 hour swedish massage! I t was soo relaxing, but I must say it didn't take long for life to unravel my relaxed body. Some of the things I learned this year were...
1. how to plant flowers in my own flower bed!!!
2. how to get pregnant when you don't want too! (I may have had some prior experience with this procces, but not when I didn't want too)
3. how to move accross country with three children, three adults, a mini van, and a u-haul while in my first trimester of being prego!
4. why you shouldn't move back in with your parents after being married, especially with kids, EVER!!!!
5. how to break your arm on a four wheeler
6. how much having four children affects the intimate realationship with your husband :(
7. Why I wanted to move away from La Grande when I was younger.
8. how much I really didn't know my siblings
9. how much I really enjoy my siblings as adults
10. what wonderful fathers/husband my brothers are

6 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Belated B-day!! I am glad your husband took good care of you on your day!

diane said...

Happy 31! You have learned a lot this year. Those are good life lessons. Just think how wise you will be when you are my age.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you've had some good life lessons and some tough ones. I guess it all balances out, doesn't it. We sure miss you!

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Great minds think alike. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday, after all that you've been through this year you really deserve it.

Elise and Rich said...

Um, maybe we should have a girls nite and celebrate our b-days(even though mine was in March!) What do ya say?

The Family Rasheed said...

that sounds like a lot of fun!!! give me a call and we'll chat about it!