Thursday, April 23, 2009

to tri or not to tri aka weeks eight & nine

Since I have been hitting a wall with weight loss I decided to do two things. One - keep a food journal. This has really helped me keep track of the things I eat and has also helped me to be a more responcible eater. Also, I decided to up my fitness routine by training for a triathalon!!!The triathalon is July 4th and I am completly scared and excited about it! I started a 12week training program this week and I am so sore! That's a good sign right?! I haven't done my swimming yet but that will happen tomorrow and we will see how that goes. So anyway on to the stats...

Weight: 171!!! Down 4lbs!

Food Plan: Except for my birthday wknd no cheating!

Exercise: Last Mon & Tues ran 2miles, Last Friday ran 3! Tues - ran 2 miles, Wed biked 10 miles, Thursday did my first brick workout which invoved runing.walking for 10 mins and biking for 30mins.

8 comments:

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Wow! That is amazing! Great job Lisa!

Amber said...

Good for you! I find that having something to work towards (not just weight loss itself) really keeps me motivated and consistent. I'm excited to hear about your progress!

Sunshine said...

That is impressive! You're awesome!

diane said...

So cool. Your kids are learning good stuff from you. Discipline, determination and going for a dream. Go girl!

Liz said...

I am SO impressed with you!! I wish I could do as well, but I think my 'get up and go' got up and went!

Jenna said...

Good job! I think Amy Couch has done a triathlon too. You'll do great.

4 pounds girl? That's awesome.

Have you checked out phit'n'phat? http://phit-n-phat.typepad.com/phitnphatcom/ She has some great information on weight loss & eating. She's pretty extreme but I am always inspired.

Keep up the good work! I have personally been a slacker - walked 3 miles at the gym today & only because my trainer stood there with me & talked & made me do it.

ferntyler said...

good thing about triathlon training is that it keeps you busy with all the different things so you don't get bored (hopefully).. good luck!

Dawn said...

Great job! What triathlon did you sign up for? It's great to mix up your days with running, biking, and swimming :0) Your family is beautiful and congrats on the newest addition.