Sunday, December 7, 2008

For you...

Recently I have been reflecting on the places I have lived and the places that I have been the happiest. Growing up I lived in the same house, in the same town and aside from a few short stays at other places lived in La Grande until Aqeel and I were married 6 1/2 years ago. Since then I have lived in Asheville, NC, Athens, GA, San Diego, CA, and Greenville, SC. Of all these places none have made me as happy as I was (excluding my formative years) as when I lived in San Diego. I loved the weather, the wards, the activities, the school system, the shopping and eating out options, and even the beach, though I am really a mountain girl at heart. Mostly though I LOVED the people. So, this posting is a tribute to the women of San Diego!

This is for the women, my friends, who made me laugh. For you who in the late night hours drove me to the hospital when I thought I was in labor. For you who celebrated birthdays with me. For you who spent time with me at the park while our children played. For you who bouyed me up when my mother passed away. For you who shared kind words. For you who let me hang out at your home to keep me distracted from the fact that I didn't have a husband in mine. For you who went to spin class with me. For you who helped care for my children. For you who scrubbed my toilets and cleaned my home when I was too sick to do so. For you who brought in meals when I was prego and too sick to provide for my children. You are the women who made me happy. You are the women who let me feel your love for me. You are the women who, through unspoken example taught me to be a better wife, mother, and individual. You are the women I love and will always love. I don't have any pictures of you women, but I managed to borrow one from a friends blog and though all of you are not in there here are a few of those women...

6 comments:

diane said...

We love and miss you too friend.
I hope Jordan makes it to your area. That would be cool.

3WimmerBoys said...

We miss you so much! To thank you back, you were always so ready and willing to help. I remember when Sam was a baby, you would always grab him from me when I had to help the other boys. You were pregnant with two kids of your own, but always willing to help me. You were always so fun and real. I hope you make it back here some day!
Melissa

Laura said...

I love and miss you too! You are an inspiration always. And I'll never forget how calm you were when I ruined your hair! You're one of those people where we could pick up right where we left off if you were to come back. (Think about it!)

Annalisa said...

we miss you too. hugs!

ferntyler said...

Ah, those were some good times - is it bad that I was having fun at the hospital while you were in pain? that's funny reading laura's comment about your hair, so many funny things and fun times - it's definitely a great group of ladies down here (I don't know what it is, but I'm just thankful).. we miss you!

Maren said...

I think you can know for certain that you and your family are missed here . . . as Elizabeth always says, we HIGHLY enjoyed you guys!