Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My life it seems is pretty boring. I wake up everyday to the same deal; clean, cook, clean, play with kids, clean, cook, clean, entertain husband, put everyone to bed and zone out in front of the tv until I can fall asleep. However, today was quite eventful.

Aqeel had today off, that's right he has found some part time work until the right job comes along selling cars at Kia. Since Aqeel was home we decided to do yard work before Jr and Amaya's check-ups. In the south Bermuda is the grass of choice and we also grow weeds better than grass. Bermuda does really well in the heat and goes dormant in the winter. It also loves the sand. So, today we spread fertilizer with weed killer followed by a layer of sand on the lawn that was freshly cut. It was fun being out in the yard with Aqeel. I have found that I like working side by side with Aqeel doing projects.

Then the kids and I were off to the Dr. Amaya and Jr were both scheduled for shots. Brave Amaya went first and didn't even cry for her shot. Jr cried, but did well. Then we went into the lab for the finger prick. Amaya graciously let Jr go first (so nice of her)and Jr cried so hard he couldn't even breathe. When it was Amaya's turn she was not having any of it. So, here I am sitting in the chair with Jr on one knee (still crying) and pulling Amaya by the arm over to me so that she can have her finger prick. Amaya struggled so hard I couldn't believe that I was even able to get her to cooperate. When all was said and done, and two suckers later we began to leave, but Amaya made me stop before we walked out into the waiting room so that she could wipe the tears from her face. She said she didn't want anyone laughing at her or calling her a baby for crying. It was so funny to me. We finished off the day with a london broil steak and mashed potatoes dinner. My house is a complete disaster and I am exhausted, but we had a good day.

4 comments:

ferntyler said...

I love working in the yard with Robie, too (mostly because then I don't have to do it alone :)). That is hilarious about Amaya wiping her tears before she left the waiting room - kids have their own personalities so early!

tawnya said...

Hmmm. I was going to email you with where we lived, but I realized I didn't have your email!

We are in Logan. Can't get any closer!

diane said...

London broil YUM! Little Amaya is growing up. So funny!

cthunho said...

It's so fun working with your hubby. Not every day thought. Chris and I are working on finishing our basement. Chris is installing the electrical wiring, switches,outlets, etc. I have been picking out what to put in the bathroom and sweeping sawdust and nails. Great teamwork, huh?. HOpefully, we can get our house to sell quicker this way so we can move to Cincinnati. It cost $50 in gas to drive Ian to a hockey tryout yesterday!-Cherie