Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baptism

Hello Ladies - I need your help. Aysia is turning 8 in May and I am contimplating either making her dress or buying one. She won't actually be baptised in the dress, but wear it after and then at church. So, to purchase all the materials I need to make the dress is gonna run me around $70 and I was thinking if I could get a cute one for close to the same price or cheaper then I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of making it. However, I have no idea where to look for a dress. So, if you ladies have any ideas please let me know.

8 comments:

tawnya said...

Do you want anything specific with the dress? White, pastel, etc?

tawnya said...

This: http://www.cwdkids.com/servlet/quagga/girls/product.jsp/_qprm_/browse?groupId=18420&itemId=H006&cat=girls-skirts_dresses with a cardigan

Or this: https://www.dressedinwhite.com/www/product.do?pid=1200 for a white option. Or this: http://whiteelegance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=250

Jenny said...

Ebay! That's where I got our white dress.

Do a search for "white communion dress" and you get tons of brand new little dresses between $30-$40.

Congrats on the baptism!

Annalisa said...

Buy the dress and make her a cute little purse, that's my 2c. Oh, Shabby Apple has cute dresses.

The Family Rasheed said...

she wants something that looks "grown-up". Which means no puffy skirts. Nothing that would look princess like. Really nothing that I think is cute.

diane said...

Good luck with the dress. it is so hard to find cute, modest dresses!

ferntyler said...

I have been stalking to see what other people would say, since I will be dealing with a similar thing in the near future. How do our kids end up having totally different taste than us?

Jen said...

I saw a good selection of white dresses at Burlington Coat Factory. I am not sure if there is one close to you, but thought I would mention it.