Sunday, April 6, 2008

been a long time

For the past two weeks we have been off on vacation. We traveled to Oregon and Idaho to visit with my family and had a good time. We started our vacation in Burley, Idaho visiting with my older sister and her family. The highlights of that visit were the Easter Egg Hunt, and riding around on the 4-wheeler. Aysia and her cousin Emma (who was driving) went off on a ride and turned the 4-wheeler over on them. Luckily no one was hurt too badly, Emma had a few bruises and Aysia walked away without a scrape.


After spending a week there we were off to visit my Dad and Stepmom who are currently serving a service mission for the church as caretakers of a church lodge/girlscamp site in Oregon. The lodge is about 45mins from La Grande, my home town, and we spent an entire week up there. The weather was sooo cold. We also brought my brother's two daughters with us so that Aysia and Amaya would have some entertainment. I think the highest the temp ever reached there was about 40 degrees. The highlights of that visit were a weenie and marshmallow roast and Aqeel and my dad fell some trees to clear camping spots.



We ended our trip in Boise at my closest cousins house. We spent a couple days there and had the opportunity of attending church and I fell in love with their ward. I would love to move there, but the market is much higher than here and I am begining to fall in love with Greenville.

6 comments:

ferntyler said...

sounds like so much fun - except for the COLD part :).. Those 4 wheelers and big and scary - i'm glad they made it out ok!

diane said...

Glad you're back! What a great adventure. Cool to visit your Dad on his mission...wish I could visit Jordy when he goes!

Sunshine said...

What a great trip! Please tell me you flew...what a drive!

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. My goodness, Aysia is getting so big! She looks all grown up.

Annalisa said...

fun trip. glad you're back.

The Family Rasheed said...

yes we flew. it was a long day. 5 hr drive to airport followed by 7hr flight with a 1hr lay over in chicago.