Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Scary!!!

This is sort-of a tribute to Jen's spider story...We hiked around Lake Conestee today for our calendar activity. We saw the lake, which really wasn't one, just a real marshy area. I think we picked a bad time of year for the water, also the drought doesn't help any. We also had the wonderful priviledge of walking right past a copperhead without even being bitten, or really even seeing it! That was really scary for me because I am terrified of snakes. In fact it was so bad that my friend Lindsay that was there had to hold my hand while we walked past the snake! Anyway, we were protected by the Lord I am sure and made it past the snake to enjoy the rest of our hike and the snake was not by the trail when we came back. I was gonna post a picture, but I couldn't handle the sight of one on my page. Sorry for all of you who desperately wanted to see one.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Eek! I guess that's why I didn't come on the activity today & not that I was at the gym in a class!!! I really don't like snakes - I would have probably run the other way & left my poor helpless children to fend for themselves.

Jen said...

OMGoodness!! Snakes are even scarier than spiders. I definitely would have ran away and decided that it wasn't a good hiking day. I am glad that you guys made it out alive.