Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today

Today was a wonderful day! We started our summer calendar events for this area, which I had to promote because it wasn't being done here before. It was not so much of a good turn out, but a lot of the ladies have their kids in swim lessons during June right before calendar events. Anyway, after swimming I took Aysia and we went on a mommy daughter date. Really it was just running errands, but I told her it was a date and so it turned into a date. We went to the mall, costco and target and really had a blast. I forget how much fun Aysia is. She is a much calmer, easy going, and aggreable person when the other kids aren't around. Sometimes I think about how much easier my life would be if I only had one child. There would be no fighting, no unfairness, no having to share everything. Then I think about how much I would miss out on. I love all of my children and they each bring something special and unique to our family that I feel we would be lost without it. But, this is just me. Anyway, our day continued with a trip to Steak and Shake where we had an awesome cookies and cream shake together! This may seem like a dull day, but I loved it!

On a comedic side note, Amaya, while in the pool today, very plainly said, "Hey mom that lady is fat like you." Don'tcha just love the honesty?

7 comments:

melissa said...

I love that you are doing a summer calendar! Don't you miss the one in San Diego. I tried to get that going here but not a lot of people are interested. Oh how I love San Diego

ferntyler said...

nice work - I do love the one on one time with the kids. It is amzing how different they are when they are "alone" with you.

Jenna said...

My kids are easier when it's just one-on-one too. My older two are basically out of town this weekend & it is pleasant.

Laura said...

I am so proud of you for spreading along summer calendar fun. You're great. The kids are so nice when it's one on one. If it was that way all the time they would behave differently I'm sure.

3WimmerBoys said...

I love going places with just one of my kids alone. They are so different when the others aren't around. I would NEVER change it though. How boring to grow up an only child!

tawnya said...

"If it was that way all the time they would behave differently I'm sure."

Truer words were never spoken!

diane said...

You are a good leader- helping other mother's survive summer!