Monday, June 2, 2008

my best day ever

Ok, So my best day started like this...
I woke up at about 8:30am and went outside to set up the table for our neighborhood garage sale. Aysia and I sat outside til noon trying to sell odds and ends. I had an old singer sewing machine I was trying to sell and wasn't able to, oh well. Aysia had some random toys and things, plus she set up a lemonaide stand. Apparently there was another one in the nieghborhood charging 75 cents a cup. I thought that was ridiculous. Aysia sold hers for 25 cents and ended up making five dollars between the lemonaide and a few random toys she sold. Then at 1pm we were off with our neighbor to go visit some local farms. The kids had a ton of fun seeing the chickens and pigs. I have been around farm animals before, but this was the first time I actually saw the pigs rolling around in the mud. It was cool and the kids got to go into the pen to get a closer look, which they loved and didn't want to leave. We returned home at 5:30 had sandwiches for dinner and were off to the pool. I traded kids with my neighbor and took her 11yr old daughter in exchange for Jr. Chloe and Aysia are best of friends and have a ton of fun together. It was great fun. We had jumping competitions and holding our breath under water competitions. We played monkey in the middle and searched for the submarine on the bottom of the pool. It was a lot of fun, even for me!!! We were back home by 8 and I threw the kids in the shower. I put the kids to bed and relaxed for the rest of the evening with a pint of Eddy's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and a movie. Aqeel got home from work at midnight (he sold a car late in the eve) and we chatted for a bit and then went to bed! So, that was my first best day ever! Sunday, however was a challenging best day ever, but I tried really hard to have a good attitude despite the bad experience I had that day. At the end of the day I could say that I had a lot to be grateful for and went to sleep peaceful and hopeful for the next day!!!

2 comments:

ferntyler said...

Thanks for indulging me in your best day ever - that sounds like a ton of fun. A real farm would be so great for the kids to see (although that might raise a lot of bacon/pork questions? ha ha). I love swimming with kids that all know how to swim - it is so fun and you can just relax instead of being on Lifeguard duty - too bad sunday had to bring you back down to reality :()

Jen said...

I LOVE your positive attitude. Parenting can be so enjoyable. I try to hold the great days in my mind while I am dealing with the crazy moments.