Monday, July 28, 2008

Manic Monday - cell phones

I don't know why but I have the hardest time keeping a cell phone. I don't loose them. I wash them or get them wet by some other means and they stop working. In the past two years I have gone through four phones. Three have gone through the washing machine and the other got wet when the girls did the dishes. So, today I should be recieving my phone replacement. I am excited to get a new phone, but I feel like I have lost my whole life since everything was on my other phone.

5 comments:

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Todd dropped his out a window while working...it slid down the roof and broke...he's had to replace a few himself.

Liz said...

Mary needs a new one, too. Her's got dropped in the sand at a YSA activity, then she poured Sprite on it. (accidentally, of course!)

Bryn said...

Have you tried putting the phone through the dryer? I have washed Curtis's cell on accident many times, just to keep it in his pants pocket and it works fine once it's out. That and I have opened up the battery and put the battery and the phone in front of a fan for a long time. Sometimes it will take a day or 2 but it always comes back to life for me. I have a bad habit of that, too!

Jenna said...

I have a hard time with digital cameras - and one cell phone went through the washer. However, my one-before-that-one lasted for FOUR long years & was still barely working when I upgraded.

5funnyhendricksons said...

Hey Sam is working at Radio Shack and awlays helping people with phone disasters. Anytime your phone gets wet remove the battery and place the phone in a bag of uncooked rice. My phone was just flushed down the toliet only to be rescued by the plumber 4 hours later. It still works! Try it next time you run yours through the wash. PS good luck with the move Trish