Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I can't believe I forgot

I ran my first race and forgot to post about it. On June 21st I ran a 5k for the first time in my life without any training! I was so proud of myself for just being able to run the whole thing. Before the 5k they had a one mile family fun run/walk so Aysia did it with me. It was a lot of fun and we finished the mile in 11mins. I should say that running/walking the 11 min mile with aysia is my fastest time yet for a mile. So, I finished the 5k in just under 45mins. That's like 14 and some odd mins a mile. Not a good time, but I did it!!! Here's a pic of Aysia and I in line for our run/walk to start...

6 comments:

Jenna said...

My time was about 45 minutes on my first 5k too! There's another race down in Anderson on Friday, August 29th. Do you want to come do it with "us"? (Us = me, Scott, Lisa, and whoever else jumps on the band wagon.) The races don't start until 9, 10, & 11.

diane said...

That is awesome! You go girl!!

Liz said...

Well, I for one, am impressed!! I have just recently started walking. (I walk on the track at the high school while Peter runs cross country) If I can get two miles in, I feel pretty good. I know that 5K would do me in. I'm proud of you!! Way to go!!

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

I am amazed by you! You look great in this picture too. I love that Aysia got to take part in supporting her mom!

ferntyler said...

that is so cool - even more so with the other information I am gleaning from your blog today (hello prego runner!)

melissa said...

yay Alisa!