Sunday, September 21, 2008

The miracle of making babies

Here is the first pic of baby #4. Baby is about 18 weeks old and the radiologist wouldn't give us a gender yet so we don't know the sex. I am actually glad of that because I haven't yet decided if I want to know. With Amaya we chose not to find out and it was really a great moment when she arrived and the Doc. said "it's a girl!" I think I want to experience that again. However, Aqeel does want to know, so we'll see. So far this pregnancy has really sucked, which hasn't helped me warm up to the idea of having another baby very well. I had first trimester nausea similar what I experienced during my pregnancy with Jr only I caught it early enough and got on the phenegren quickly. Now I have acid reflux like none other. I cannot eat milk or tomatoes I am assuming because of the lactose and acid. However, the positive side of not being able to eat milk is that I am not downing whole bags of oreos in one sitting, which is a pregnancy norm for me. So, maybe having gas and reflux will actually help me not gain too much weight!! Another positive is that I have recently began to feel the baby move a bit, which is my favorite part of second trimester pregnancy! So, maybe the whole pregnancy won't suck and I can find a way to be excited about having this FINAL (and I really mean it this time) baby.

7 comments:

diane said...

How exciting! I saw a couple on A Baby Story where the dad found out the sex and the mom didn't. I don't know how he kept the secret.

Jenna said...

Yippee! I hope you can start feeling better soon. I lived on Canada Dry ginger ale. It's not very sweet & soothed my tummy. It was literally the only thing I could stomach for quite a while.

ferntyler said...

I don't know how you can do it not knowing - I get that same excitement at the ultrasound, but if you can do it, go for the surprise! I hope you start feeling better, this is supposed to be the time you can enjoy it!

tawnya said...

Man. We loved not knowing. Drove everyone else insane, but we loved it!

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Cute kid...looks a lot like...hmmmm....you. Sorry Aqeel. I never liked finding out. Hyrum was a surprise and that was so fun. I cried in the bathroom after the ultrasound with Grant because it was ANOTHER boy and the techinican felt sorry for me and then I got angry at myself for crying. I wouldn't trade Grant for anything though, such a sweet heart. I also craved Wendy's Chili everyday while pregnant with Grant.

Kim W said...

Congrats! There is seriously not enough gossip going around. I had no idea you were prego! Hooray for you!

Annalisa said...

that is an awesome picture. congrats on baby # 4. loves & hugs. we miss you. how time flies...linc & maya used to be in nursery together, and now that seems like ages ago. crazy!