Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pregnancy hormones

We all know that being pregnant brings on plenty of emotional ups and downs and as many times as I have been pregnant you would think that I am well versed in these emotional ebbs and flows. Today however I was overcome with sadness, maybe joy I don't really know while watching The Karate Kid. You heard me correctly I said The Karate Kid!!! I have been in a nostalgic mood lately so I have been renting a lot of 80's flicks and sharing them with the kids. I have not seen that movie since the 80's but when little Danielson won the Karate tourney I was fighting back tears! Crazyness!!!! Sometimes I wish I were a guy and not so emotional!

9 comments:

ferntyler said...

that is so funny - Karate Kid is one of the few movies that I can actually quote, "Put him in a body bag, Johnny" and of course, "wax on, wax off" are my favorites

diane said...

Those hormones can really catch you off guard. Commercials and my wardrobe were big triggers for me. Hang in there. I cried the ugly cry watching Terms of Endearment the other night.

Liz said...

Whatever you do, stay away from 'Little House on the Prairie', that was always a trigger for me!

Jenna said...

Totally laughing - I don't know that KK was ever a tear-jerker for me. Everything else though!

Todd and Camille Hendrickson said...

Sort of off the subject...are you going to find out, have names picked out?

The Family Rasheed said...

Aqeel wants to know but I don't. I can't decide on any names and Aqeel has none picked out either. We may have a nameless baby for a while.

Jen said...

I think about KK everytime I paint anything. I don't miss the pregnancy hormonal minutes a bit. Hang in there.

Sunshine said...

I cried a LOT during the Olympics. I love that you watched
"The Karate Kid"...memories!

melissa said...

I love the Karate Kid. I cry a lot now too and I don't think its the hormones for me. I have inherited it from my dad, who cries at everything!